New: Stomatherapy Department
The Stomatherapy Department provides care for patients with a digestive or urinary stoma in close multidisciplinary collaboration.
Contact with our service can be made:
- During your interview with the surgeon when he or she considers it appropriate to be followed up by our department;
- During your hospitalisation, at your request or that of the care team;
- On your own, via the urology or abdominal surgery consultations.
The Stomatherapy department works in collaboration with and follows the recommendations of Afiscep (Association Francophone d'Infirmiers(ères) en Stomathérapie, Cicatrisation et Plaies de Belgique).
We pay particular attention to
- the personalization of the follow-up, each course is different, each person's experience is unique; the key is to find the solution that best suits your needs and your pace.
- a neutrality towards brands
When the surgery will require an ostomy to be made, the surgeon will ask you to come to our pre-operative consultation. The purpose of this consultation is to:
- Answer all your questions
- Inform you and prepare you as well as possible for the operation
- Give you brochures and demonstration material
- Make the first contact to ensure the continuation of the follow-up in hospital
- Carry out the treatment
- Ensure follow-up after hospitalisation
When you are hospitalised and have a new or old stoma, the Stomatherapy department will accompany you through your care, in collaboration with the nursing and medical team. The department will also take care of the best possible preparation for your departure, in collaboration with the bandage specialist, to ensure that you can return home with complete peace of mind.
More information? Click here.