Currently, we have 132 volunteers working at the Europe Hospitals! Through team spirit, each volunteer is made available for the well-being of patients, ensuring that their stay is as comfortable as possible.
Our volunteers are constantly interacting with patients, their families and caregivers. They significantly contribute to the guidance and support of patients or their families and lend a sympathetic ear. They equally participate in some human aspects through many daily human necessities, such as:
- Offering a cup of coffee/tea/sorbet
- Offering a book, a journal
- Offering recreational decoration - cooking - music workshops (palliative care)
- Assisting during meals as recommended by nurses
- Assisting in the distribution of meal trays
- Assisting in the preparation of meals for patients
- Helping patients eat (geriatric palliative care) (mandatory training)
- Promoting patient independence
- Accompanying patients (in their wheelchair) to the smoking room, hall or shop
Are you interested in taking on a volunteer position?
- Are you available a few hours a week?
- Do you display empathy and a real aptitude for listening?
- Are you discreet and know how to respect professional secrecy?
- Do you like team work?
- Are you 18 years and above?
- Do you speak French and Dutch?
- Our motivated team offers quality coaching.
Do not hesitate to contact us! We are available in case you have any questions: