Find a dietetician
Book an appointment
About the dietetic department
The dietetic department is mainly concerned with the diet of hospitalised patients, but anyone requiring advice on diet or nutrition may also seek advice.
Within the Europe Hospitals we have a broad and varied mission:
Regarding the patient during his hospitalisation
- We teach the patient how to follow a specific diet
- We can assess malnutrition. (National plan on nutrition and health)
- We guide the patients receiving oncology
- We prepare meals and make adjustments based on:
- The pathology
- The medical requirements
- The patient’s choice (whenever possible)
- We serve varied, balanced meals on a daily basis, prepared by our chef using fresh quality ingredients, based on the wishes of the patient
- We carry out quality control and assure optimal hygienic conditions on the preparation and serving of our meals
About our consultations
We offer a wide range of services such as:
- The care of illnesses where an adaptation of the diet is required. (over weight, cardio-vascular illnesses, kidney diseases, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure, food allergies, obesity,…)
- The need for balanced meals
- The support of patients with specific needs. (pregnancy, infants, old age, sport,…)
The dietetic department works in close cooperation with other specialist services within the Europe Hospitals:
- Weight & Health Care centre
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The cardiac rehabilitation is currently only available at the St-Elisabeth site.
- Consultation and care path for renal insufficiency.
- The passport of the diabetic patients and the transition to type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes self-management contract
We offer personalised advice adapted to your habits and desires.
Certain health insurances cover a part of the cost of dietetic consultations. Do not hesitate to ask for the necessary information before coming to your consultation.